Thursday, April 22, 2010
I had a blast at the Utah Wedding Expo on Saturday! Thanks to all the brides who came out, it was so fun meeting everyone!
Booth flowers by SAS Floral
Katie + Collin: Engaged
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
I met Katie at the January Thanksgiving Point Wedding Expo and shooting her and Collin's engagement session was SO much fun! I am looking forward to their wedding in June, my last wedding before the baby comes :)
Rules of Engagement
Monday, April 19, 2010
1. Location. Choose a location that means something to you as a couple. This can be the place you had your first date, first kiss or first knew this romance was more than just a fling. Other great places are those you feel represent your personalities or goes with the theme of your wedding such as a barn, open field or even a carnival.
2. Attire. Wear something you are comfortable in. I'm not talking your fiancee's favorite basketball shorts paired with a grungy shirt, I mean something that you feel like you in. If you're not the dressy type, don't wear a dress. If your man doesn't like the color pink, don't make him wear pink. Generally, you'll have time for an outfit change during an engagement shoot, so feel free to mix it up between casual and formal.
3. Timing. Wedding invitations are typically sent out 4 to 6 weeks before the event, so schedule your engagement shoot at least two weeks before you plan on sending out your invitations. The best time of day for a photo shoot is mornings or evenings.
Tara + Brett: Married
Thursday, April 15, 2010
The morning of Brett and Tara's wedding, I woke up and saw a blizzard outside and panicked. Turns out my freak-out was a bit premature, because a few hours later the sun was blazing bright with not a trace of snow to be seen. Welcome to spring in Utah, right? It was bitterly cold though, but these lovebirds did a great job at keeping each other warm and smiling. I could probably post a billion photos of them, but I tried to cut it down.
Dress: Abella Bridal
It's Show Time!
Monday, April 12, 2010
This Saturday is a big day, it's the Thanksgiving Point Wedding Expo, and I'll be there! And if you're a bride (or groom) planning a wedding, you should be there too. Why?
1. Great door prizes from every vendor
2. Free food ... there are usually caterers there letting you sample their goods. And folks, I'm a sucker for free food so this one's a biggie.
3. Wedding show discounts are offered by a lot of the vendors just for mentioning you met them at the show, including me!
But don't just come, come prepared. You will be bombarded with information by people dying to be a part of your wedding day. Bring a pen to write down your initial thoughts on the back of their handouts, that way when you get home you'll be able to remember why you liked (or didn't like) a certain vendor.
As a newly engaged couple, my husband and I attended this same wedding expo and found some of our favorite wedding vendors here. It made planning a wedding a breeze and we both whole-heartily recommend that all brides attend.
Courtney + Jason: Married!
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Courtney and Jason were married on a beautiful spring day, nothing like today's snowy day :) Their wedding was a wonderful celebration of love and friendship and I was so honored to be the one to capture their happiness!
Dress: Alyssa's Bridal
Flowers: Forget Me Not Flowers