The good 'ole days

Thursday, July 12, 2007

When I worked as a photographer for BYU's paper The Daily Universe, I was able to shoot all the time and I loved it. Since I've moved back into the editorial departments of newspaper work I've missed being behind a camera all the time. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love writing and wouldn't feel complete without it, I just miss my photography life. Here's a few of my favorite shots from "the good 'ole days." They are all favorites for different reasons, but mostly because they all had such fun stories behind them.Declaration: My ex-boyfriend (who I was still crazy about) was friends with these guys whose band was playing at the BYU battle of the bands -- and I had been assigned to shoot the event. So there I was, camera around my neck running back and forth in front of the stage with my ex and his roommates/buddies right behind me. They kept poking me and calling out my name while I was trying to work. I was able to get some cool shots anyway. . . and now less than a year later here I am, married to my ex.

Stacy: This is my brother's girlfriend. I had just got my camera for Christmas and we were up at my parents cabin and I couldn't wait to try it out. I spent the whole day hanging out with my brother Geoff and Stacy snapping shots of them.

Geoff and Stacy on an abandoned ski lift.

Red Bull: Our photog department had been trying for weeks to get a picture that went along with a story a reporter had written about how students used energy drinks to aide them with studying and the negative side-effects. One morning I walked downstairs only to find my roommate had used Red Bull to pull an all-nighter writing papers and studying for exams. Like any good photographer, I was prepared!


Homeless man: A reporter was writing a story about the homeless situation in Provo and told me to drive around and find someone who looked homeless. I found this man who was very nice until he realized I was with a newspaper. He then proceeded to run away from me but I managed to snap a shot before he got too far away.



0 comments:

Jessie Alexis Photography All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger