Need help ....

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I'm sitting on my living room floor with the plug of my laptop held strategically in place. Why? Because my battery is 100 percent dead (and a new one is $300), and my wall plug is pretty shot too, so if it moves out of position the entire computer kills over.

Needless to say, I'm in the market for a new computer. For work at the magazine, I'd like a laptop for interviews and on-the-spot photo editing, but for photo editing overall, a desktop trumps a laptop any day. I love the ease of photo editing on a desktop. Quite the quandary, really. So I submit to you dear reader, what should I do? Any recommendations? Advice? Computers you want to give me?

**update** As I was writing this, I shifted my weight and both my laptop and plug died completely. Jason so graciously relinquished the desktop for me to finish up the invitation design I was working on, but my situation is now more urgent than ever. I really really need input!

2 comments:

Triana Ord said...

Check your email!

Liliya said...

your pictures are amazing! I understand how important it is to have a good computer. My laptop goes out of battery in 15 minutes and to edit pictures in Picasa I need to wait forever for each step. I learn how to be patient for sure:)

Jessie Alexis Photography All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger